While I am not musically gifted in any sense of the word, I do turn to music to soothe my soul. Music allows me to praise and worship God. I listen to uplifting music on my sad days and upbeat music on my happier days. There are certain types of music I listen to when I am working out versus driving with my children to a doctor’s appointment. There is always music on at our house, so it seemed only natural when we were grieving that I turned to music. Each song speaks to me a different way. Its my go-to when I cannot form the words to say, but yet it speaks directly from my heart. I have included a list of songs that have provided comfort to me before and after the loss of my child. May it provide comfort to you and be a blessing, also.
- Precious Child, by Karen Taylor Good. Song here…
- Held, by Natalie Grant. song here…..
- Blessings, by Laura Story. song here…..
- With Hope, by Steven Curtis Chapman. song here….
- Heaven is the face, by Steven Curtis Chapman….song here….
- I will rise, by Chris Tomlin. song here…
- Amazing Grace (my chains are gone), by Chris Tomlin. song here….
God’s blessings and I hope you all have a great day….